Skype
nick8akon

The Thirteenth Crusade Finale (Part 4) The Thirteenth Crusade Finale (Part 4)

Amazing is all I can say.

Well not really because I'm about to say a lot more.
I just watched all of the episodes of this series and after finishing the first episode I decided it might be best to wait for the final one to write and rate.
The story is fantastic, action and drama, mixed with the oppression of dystopian sci-fi/fantasy you would see in the works of George Orwell. The "space marine" style of the templars seemed to be taken straight from Warhammer. While the animation isn't exactly the greatest I've seen here it definitely isn't the worst. It was stiff and not exactly easy on the eyes. However, I must say by the end I felt it somewhat suited it somehow. Especially with Augustine (I kind of like how it made is face look almost skeletal.) The voice acting quality is above par but not exactly anything special. You could hear the feedback every time someone spoke as well, again I'll say it somewhat fit, especially since (I'll once again point out Augustine) the feed back was worst for Bishop Augustine, but it made his voice sound somewhat robotic, kind of like the Daedra from Elderscrolls. It again fit and made him just that bit more intimidating. The dialogue was filled with a range of emotions, the one-liners laced with dark humor and some of the scenes made me straight out smirk. The characters were likable, beginning to end. Even some of the people who started off being complete bastards wound up showing a sympathetic side, and seemed somewhat fit for redemption. The monsters even (I'll call back to the scene from that bit where Charles was running to the library. He passed the wolf that was crawling away and whimpering. I couldn't help but feel bad by the sounds it made).
However, I do have a worry with this series as a whole. I noticed straight from the beginning that you used some... trademarked things. Music and some of the armor designs (specifically Jasper, who's armor was straight up Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel power armor).

UniversalHeat responds:

Thanks! I'm really glad you enjoyed the series, it was quite a labor of love. And I absolutely agree with you about the sound, animation, etc. I made this series years ago and...yeah it is kind of a nightmare to look at and listen to for the most part! Still, I learned so much about animation, sound design...pretty much everything while making this, and it still holds a special place in my heart. I'm honestly just amazed that I managed to finish this monstrocity at all! Anyway, thank you so much for your review, it really means the world to me that people actually enjoy what I make. And if you're curious, try checking out my more recent short films "Flotsam" and "Rabbit Hole". They're a lot easier on the eyes.
Of course, they're also wayyyyy more artsy and oblique, so be warned ;)

Fefnir - Pilot Fefnir - Pilot

I only gave this 5 stars because it was a pilot, just getting your series idea out the door. There are plenty of issues with this specific animation though. The fight scenes seemed a little bit like they were moving through molasses. The animation was smooth and clean but it just felt like the motions slowed down in the fight scene. The lack of voice actors also caused some issues, like at the end the knight who appeared sounded exactly like the other two blue goblin guys. I thought for a second he was the one speaking. Very little of the idea was actually shown here as well, and I feel that isn't too good for a pilot, nor is a pilot good for an exposition dump. I still think a little bit of story would have went better. perhaps starting a little earlier on to show what was happening in that first scene with the mother and little girl, or showing us more about this Fefnir character.
There was really a lack of dialogue, which I feel hurts the plot a little more.

Celles et Ceux des Cimes et Cieux Celles et Ceux des Cimes et Cieux

this was awesome. Reminds me a bit of Nausicaa the Valley of wind and Princess Mononoke kind of combined into one. the animation is a little choppy, which kind of makes it look more like the earlier animated works along with the artstyle. the enviroments were also really beautiful. would love to see this as a series of shorts or a full length animated film.

Prince of War Prince of War

Super good game but pretty easy, especially in the early game since you can spam the heal button and be basically invincible.
One of the biggest problems though is that the attack button skips dialogue when you hold it, so right when you finish the battle you can easily wind up skipping the entirety of the cutscene.

The Last Stand. The Last Stand.

I have no IDEA why but for years I have had so MUCH trouble beating this game.
Like, 10 years of trouble.
and it's not like the game is hard or I dont know how to play because I actually beat 2 first.
I just have no idea why I couldn't be this.
Finally at 20 years of age I hunkered down and played through all 20 nights.
I love this series, and now I've beat all three games.
All of these games have been awesome. between the two defense style games, and the one expanded RPG style game. They've all added something and stayed interesting all the way through as well as fun.
I'm still waiting though for the new game that isn't a glorified facebook style game.
I want another Union City.
I wanna see more and play more of these games in this style.

Wasted Youth, Part 1 Wasted Youth, Part 1

This was a very thrilling game and a great mystery that held me to the very end. I and surely other people await its second part, and eventually, its most definitely epic conclusion.

Jumper Girl 2 Jumper Girl 2

Looks great.
*lays down and poses* now draw me, jack! like one of your French girls. Lol

Brakkenimation responds:

Let's do it.

Evvieco 197 Evvieco 197

Pretty funny, Nice mother 3 reference making him look like Claus

fantasy sniper fantasy sniper

Love it, and it really does look like mordecai a bit, and he's my favorite character from borderlands too!

dommi-fresh responds:

He is rad. To say the least